Forget Santa Claus. Why can’t the stork be real?

by Creative Junkie on July 5, 2010

Currently, there are eight cousins in our family.

Four girls.

Four boys.

I invented two of them.

The girls came first.

In fact, it was pretty much an estrofest for the first seven years.

Until my two sisters-in-law starting thinking about bras and tampons and weddings and bankruptcy. Then they started popping out testosterone all over the place a little over three years ago.

Cowards.

Although, I have to admit that testosterone is totally cute.

It is impossible to get all eight cousins to remain still.

And smile.

Without appearing as if they have gas.

Really, really, really bad gas, in the case of one.

So currently, it’s a tie in the gender race over here.

And it’s up to one of my two sisters-in-law to break it.

Because that train left this station a long time ago. With booster rockets.

Choo choo!

*insert deafening jet engine roar*

But I admit …

There are times when I really wish I had bought a return ticket.

Janmary, N Ireland
Twitter: Janmary3
July 6, 2010 at 7:22 am

I think the 2 you invented have turned out really well :)

Cousin photos are always “fun” to capture!

Lynn from For Love or Funny July 6, 2010 at 8:15 am

Dang. I wish you’d reconsider. We need more funny people on this earth!
Lynn from For Love or Funny recently posted..More Proof that Martians Exist…My Profile

Jill/Twipply Skwood July 6, 2010 at 8:32 am

Super cute! And funny!
Jill/Twipply Skwood recently posted..Its Raining Small Household PetsMy Profile

July 6, 2010 at 9:22 am

Teething.

Blowout diapers.

Waking up every two hours around the clock for meals.

Car seats.

Diaper bags.

High chairs.

Babyproofing everything.

Having a preschooler while going through menopause.

Did I mention blowout diapers?

(The above are the reasons I use when I start feeling the urge to run down to the station and buy a return ticket.)

stacey@Havoc&Mayhem July 6, 2010 at 9:33 am

We had boys and then the girls in our family & sometimes I wish I could have joined in with the girl thing. But I think DH is only good for Y chromosomes. I doubt he has a spare X to offer me

Tess
Twitter: sixfeetunder
July 6, 2010 at 10:18 am

Looks like you had a fun weekend!

Heather July 6, 2010 at 1:28 pm

What fun pics! And I’m sure there are plenty of people who would lend you a kid on those days where you’re sitting around wondering ‘what if I’d…’

Mads Mom July 6, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Great pics but your comments are hilarious.

We’re contemplating having a 2nd and wow has our attitude changed since Maddy hit the terrible twos. Much harder decision to make now.
Mads Mom recently posted..Tuesdays TunaMy Profile

Lara Carson July 6, 2010 at 2:27 pm

What a cute post! I love that you have the pics of all of them together! Great memories!

Lisa Dorsey July 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Great pictures! We just broke the over abundance of estrogen level in our family too. The first boy was born on July 2nd. Great post!
Lisa Dorsey recently posted..Happy Belated Fourth-My Profile

Helene
Twitter: Gaither
July 6, 2010 at 10:03 pm

How come all of a sudden your girls look so grown up??? I suppose they tend to look older when they’re around younger kids. Just like when I see my kids with younger children, it makes me sad to see how much they’ve truly grown.

Until one of them wakes up in the middle of the night screaming for whatever reason….than I’m glad I’m never going back to that babyhood stage ever again!
Helene recently posted..As if cursing in English wasnt bad enoughMy Profile

DogsMom July 6, 2010 at 10:36 pm

That’s when it is nice to borrow a baby knowing you can return it with no guilt.

Granny Sue July 6, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Wow! You did it! Pictures of all 8 of them. It still is amazing to me that we have 8 grandchildren.
So totally wonderful and funny. I love the expressions on the boy’s faces,
Thanks and good job.

Kristi Maloney July 7, 2010 at 6:41 am

Yep. I only popped out testosterone too. When I think about what it would be like to have a little girl, I think about my niece and change my mind….(just kiddin’ Marie!)
Very cute post. Glad I found your blog. I am over at http://momsownwords.com. Stop by anytime!
Kristi Maloney recently posted..Cookware-Specialtycom 50 Gift Card WinnerMy Profile

Amanda
Twitter: householdsix
July 7, 2010 at 8:36 am

They’re a cute bunch. I’ve come to the conclusion that babies are great to snuggle and hold, then give back to their rightful parents. I’ll wait to see if I get any grandkids so I can exact me revenge on my own kids. “Oh you want Mt Dew and chocolate? OK! Your dad will be here in 30 minutes.” Bwahahaha. Can’t wait.
Amanda recently posted..Worldess Wednesday – FireworksMy Profile

Cheryl July 7, 2010 at 11:31 am

Yep, this was one of the best!
Cheryl recently posted..Y in the SkyMy Profile

Tammy July 7, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Aww, but you only think about that return ticket while their moms are with them right?! Cuz I know when I’m left alone for a few hours with those cute little droolers that need their undergarments changed, and can’t feed themselves..well I’m glad my return ticket expired about 12 years ago!! (But yes they sure are cute and snuggly when they belong to someone else and you can give them back!)
Tammy recently posted..Share the Table with BarillaMy Profile

sarah
Twitter: caiafacraziness
July 7, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I wish I had the return ticket every so often too. We have considered adoption and surrogacy.

What cute cousins

Robin
Twitter: TwiMommi
July 7, 2010 at 9:24 pm

You are one hell of an “inventor” lady ;D

TheSuburbanMom July 7, 2010 at 9:49 pm

CUTE way to do a post. I really enjoyed it – very cleaver :)
TheSuburbanMom recently posted..Free Ziploc Back-to-School Gift PackMy Profile

Lynsey Jones
Twitter: partyplandivas
July 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I love this. We have ALL girls. I have one cousin (a girl) my two daughters and her one daughter… and we are both not able to have any more, LOL SO much for trying to carry on the name! haahaha
Lynsey Jones recently posted..Wordless Wednesday July 7- 2010My Profile

Sarah @ OneStarryNight
Twitter: starrymom
July 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I love how happy all of the kids are! Lovely photos!
Sarah @ OneStarryNight recently posted..Bloggers Fear ThemselvesMy Profile

Deal-ecitble Mom July 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I just adore your commentary on life! You have one adorable family there!

Kathy Mom Blog
Twitter: amomsimpression
July 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Adorable… Ladies and Gents

TerriAnn
Twitter: Gosliga
July 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Family photos are great fun – especially w/ kids. If you really have to, you can just photoshop the pic to add the best ‘face’ of each kid in one photo :)
cookiesandclogs[at]gmail[dot]com
TerriAnn recently posted..Free- Pocket-Size Constitution and Declaration of IndependenceMy Profile

Leah - Diaries of a Domestic Goddess July 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

aww what cute pictures!!!

Cheryl
Twitter: CherylPeters
July 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

They’re all pretty cute, but you’re right, that testosterone is pretty cute!! Oh. Is it “cool” to say Zoe is cute? Because if not?? Um. She rocks. Yeah. That’s it.
Cheryl recently posted..Bringing you backMy Profile

nicole
Twitter: 2bnicole
July 7, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Oh boy. I hope to get some estrogen the next time around….I think.

Shasta
Twitter: keepinitcheap
July 7, 2010 at 10:27 pm
Sara July 7, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Those pics are to cute – my family is similar – if you want a pic you better hope they will sit still… but it probably won’t happen lol

Kathleen B July 7, 2010 at 10:28 pm

That is too funny. There are 11 cousins between what me and my sisters have “created” only two are girls and the other 9 are all boys. We are a testosterone family for sure. Those pictures are all adorable and all of the created children are super cute!
Kathleen B recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Crazy FaceMy Profile

Tired Mom Tésa
Twitter: 2Wired2Tired
July 7, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I think it’s tough to take a picture of 2 kids, so I understand getting 8 to stand still would be tough! Cute pictures though, it looks like everyone has a blast together.
Tired Mom Tésa recently posted..Cleveland 3-Day for the Cure- Only 23 Days to Go-My Profile

Kate @ The Shopping Mama
Twitter: TheShoppingMama
July 7, 2010 at 10:28 pm

What I learned from this post: you invent beautiful children and it’s hard to get 8 kids in one (good) picture.
Kate @ The Shopping Mama recently posted..Puppy Birthday Party for Twin BoysMy Profile

Mandi
Twitter: AWelbaum
July 7, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I love it. What great pictures!
Mandi recently posted..Giveaway- Sprout Organic Baby Food by Tyler FlorenceMy Profile

Rachel @ Busy Mommy Media
Twitter: busymommymedia
July 7, 2010 at 10:28 pm

What cute pictures! It’s funny how the genders seem to come in bunches. We have all boys in my family. We’re finally starting to get a few girls in the extended family but at my house it’s still all testosterone.
Rachel @ Busy Mommy Media recently posted..Food Poisoning- How to Avoid itMy Profile

Ashtyn July 7, 2010 at 10:29 pm

You never know what the stork is gonna leave at your door when you least expect it! Stranger things have happened!
Ashtyn recently posted..Review- Book SwimMy Profile

Shan @ Last Shreds Of Sanity
Twitter: babyrocasmama
July 7, 2010 at 10:30 pm

LOL gas & testosterone!

You are too funny. Sometimes I wish I could have another child and give Ro a baby brother. But then I get scared that she will scare the ever loving shit out of him and I will be left with even more psychotherapy bills I can’t pay… :P
Shan @ Last Shreds Of Sanity recently posted..Just Another Wordless Wednesday…Last Day Of SchoolMy Profile

Not So Average Mama
Twitter: stitchblade
July 7, 2010 at 11:33 pm

What adorable specimens they all are! I sometimes think of having more kids, but considering that each pregnancy has been harder than the last and each almost kills me…well after Spike…I think I am done.
Not So Average Mama recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Playing Catch Up-My Profile

Bobbie (OneScrappyMom)
Twitter: onescrappyblog
July 8, 2010 at 1:36 am

What a fun time! Love the pictures and your comments on them were GREAT. The 2 you invented look pretty darn CUTE!
Bobbie (OneScrappyMom) recently posted..My Toothbrush- My Way-My Profile

Kimberly July 9, 2010 at 1:05 am

What a great post. First of all it was hysterical! You are such a funny writer. I love it!

I also enjoyed the picture. What cute kids! You make cute babies (as does the rest of yoru family).

ConnieFoggles
Twitter: ConnieFoggles
July 11, 2010 at 2:40 am

When I get that urge for a return ticket I remember what it was like raising a teen. Then I realize I have to do it all over again. Then the urge disappears.
ConnieFoggles recently posted..Proflowers Gift Basket ReviewMy Profile