Today is …

by Creative Junkie on April 24, 2011

… Easter Sunday, a day that holds little significance for me as I am not particularly religious. However, I am married to a good Catholic boy. This means that today, when we get together with my husband’s family, they will celebrate the resurrection of Christ and I will pilfer Easter baskets and celebrate the resurrection of my lust for dark chocolates and red jelly beans.

… our first day back from a week long vacation, a day that is significant only because of the mountain of laundry and the empty pantry that accompanies it, both of which I intend to ignore because with any luck, I will be in a diabetic coma in an entirely different location. See above.

… April 24, 2011, a day that is very significant for me and which I intend to celebrate thoroughly because it marks the seventeenth anniversary of one of the best things I ever did with my life.

Happy birthday, baby girl!

Love,

Your mom

stacey@Havoc&Mayhem April 24, 2011 at 10:33 am

OMG! She is 17? Happy Birthday!!
stacey@Havoc&Mayhem recently posted..Weekly WinnersMy Profile

April 24, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Oh, you are both looking so sweet and glowing! Happy birthday Zoe, and happy dark chocolate day to you both!
Heather T. recently posted..Happy Times!My Profile

Janmary, GALWAY (I'm there on your behalf!), Ireland
Twitter: Janmary3
April 24, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Happy Birthday to your daughter, and a great excuse to eat more chocolate, not that we need an excuse!

April 24, 2011 at 4:15 pm

That is a fantastic picture of the two of you! Imagine if you had an iPhone and the funky editing you could do with it then…. ;-)

Happy 17th birthday to Zoe! It never ceases to amaze me how you don’t look nearly old enough to be the mother of a teenager, much less one who is driving.
Heather @ nobody-but-yourself recently posted..Oh- that wascally wabbit!My Profile

Lisa @ Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy
Twitter: lisanoel03
April 25, 2011 at 9:27 am

happy birthday to her!!
Lisa @ Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy recently posted..Cirque Shanghai Extreme- Navy Pier- June 23 – Sept 5My Profile

1stopmom
Twitter: 1stopmom
April 25, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Aww Happy Birthday to her. My daughter turned 17 on March 26th!
1stopmom recently posted..Saturday SharingMy Profile

Allison
Twitter: WellReadReviews
April 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Awe! Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! I hope it was very enjoyable for everyone!
Allison recently posted..REVIEW- 92 Something Borrowed by Emily GiffinMy Profile

LeeAnn
Twitter: thelifeofrylie
April 25, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! I hope you all had a great day!
LeeAnn recently posted..Tell Us Something GoodMy Profile

Anne April 26, 2011 at 8:46 am

I totally get the pillaging of Easter baskets!
Anne recently posted..A Tisket A Tasket Candy in the Basket!!My Profile

Joy (wingnut) April 27, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I always forget *just* how close in age our girls are. I mean we’re, talking 6 days!

Hope she had a lovely day like mine did. Like you, she is definitely one of the best things to *ever* happen in my life.
Joy (wingnut) recently posted..Easter- then and nowMy Profile

Jill/Twipply Skwood April 30, 2011 at 10:38 am

Aw!!! Happy birthday to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jill/Twipply Skwood recently posted..So Naturally My Only Choice Seems to be to Move to EnglandMy Profile