****S*M*A*C*K****

by Creative Junkie on December 30, 2011

That’s me, bitch-slapping 2011 to the curb where, if there is a God, it will be run over by an endless herd of confused, pissed-off, incontinent, irritable bowel suffering buffalo with elongated, oozing testicles and no sense of direction.

These were, above and beyond, the absolute worst 365 continuous days I have ever had to endure and I’ve never been so ready to slap a new calendar on my fridge in all my life and not just because it will hide those mysterious streaks that won’t go away no matter how many times I scrub them raw with a Windex/vinegar/DAMMIT DAMMIT SHIT BALLS DAMMIT WHAT THE HELL concoction.

Let’s hear it for a brand new shiny year filled with skyrocketing 401Ks, plummeting gas prices, awesome shoes, ULTA coupons that never expire, Anderson Cooper cell phone numbers in my Inbox and a new, easy FDA-approved method of getting rid of unwanted facial hair and husbands who spend $areyoufuckingkiddingme  because they can’t keep their pants zipped.

Let’s hear it for fresh starts, new beginnings and a whole mess of magnificent happy!

Let’s hear it for a better run for all of us in 2012 and isn’t it nice that we’ll get 366 days to celebrate it instead of 365? I’m going to yell YOU BET YOUR SKINNIER, FIRMER, LESS CELLULITE-FUL ASS on that one because I’m an optimist.

Happy new year, everyone! May we find ourselves actually living these days instead of simply surviving them.

Beth Larrabee
Twitter: http://musingmainiac.com
December 30, 2011 at 8:33 am

Happy New Year Andy! 2011 can’t go away fast enough!
Beth Larrabee recently posted..Christmas – It’s Just Not What It Used To BeMy Profile

Amanda
Twitter: householdsix
December 30, 2011 at 8:35 am

Amen, and just in case, I’m invoking every Irish superstition I can come up with for a better year in 2012. I don’t care how crazy people think I am.
Amanda recently posted..Highlights From This WeekMy Profile

stacey@Havoc&Mayhem December 30, 2011 at 8:38 am

Happy New Year!!
stacey@Havoc&Mayhem recently posted..2011 HighlightsMy Profile

Carolyn
Twitter: CarolynRva
December 30, 2011 at 8:39 am

Here Here Andy! And on another note, have you gone on Pinterest (i.e. Crackville) to see if you can find a solution to the refrigerator issue? Just a thought.
Carolyn recently posted..Thank Goodness My Husband Doesn’t Read My Blog. . .My Profile

Carolyn
Twitter: CarolynRva
December 30, 2011 at 8:42 am

Oh and speaking of Pinterest, DON’T look up Nutella on there. Unless you want to gain 900 pounds and be eligible for The Biggest Loser, Season 14: Bloggers Gone Bad.

Barb
Twitter: barbhogan
December 30, 2011 at 8:47 am

You certainly deserve a MUCH better 2012. Love ya!

Kellie December 30, 2011 at 8:51 am

Happy New Year Andy!! May 2012 be filled with nothing but positive things for you!

Ann December 30, 2011 at 9:04 am

Great post Andy. 2011 wasn’t my best year either, although it pales in comparison to yours. But dammit, I am going to take away some valuable lessons from it and make 2012 that much better! I love your posts and I am glad the old Andy is back. Happy New Year!

Dee December 30, 2011 at 9:07 am

Amen, Sister! You deserve an awesome 2012! I can’t really beat your horrible year, but 2011 sucked for me big-time, too – my mother nearly died in my arms, my daughter left home to live with a drug dealer and I STILL can’t find a full-time job. Almost anything short of those disasters in 2012 will be an improvement.
Hang in there! It’s almost over…
Dee recently posted..Reflections on 2011My Profile

Diane December 30, 2011 at 9:08 am

Wow, you’ve really put on your lady balls, good for you and Happy New Year!

RoseJ December 30, 2011 at 9:46 am

A productive new year will be. Happy New Year.
RoseJ recently posted..How To Attract WomenMy Profile

Angie C. December 30, 2011 at 9:53 am

2011 sucked some big fat ass for me too.

Here’s to a 2012 that makes others wish they were us! :)

Cheryl December 30, 2011 at 10:03 am

Thanks for this post (laughing out loud!) and all others! Can’t wait to read many more in 2012!

Steffanie
Twitter: steffaniel
December 30, 2011 at 10:53 am

You are my #f**kingnumberonehero. And you just wrote my 2012 anthem.
Steffanie recently posted..Holding Back The YearsMy Profile

Martha December 30, 2011 at 11:39 am

I’ve been looking forward to a GOOD #f**kinggetmeintoanotherlife since approximately 2009!! THIS will be the year or I give up! Here’s to a new and better 2nd half of our lives!
Luv ya kiddo!

Garianne Fuentes December 30, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Absolutely !!! I can’t wait to start the next year and hopefully a calmer and positive one.
As for you, you are doing fabulously !!!

Bobbie December 30, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Why does this post have me humming .. “Let’s hear it for the…” from Footloose?! Just me? LOL I hope 2012 is a MUCH better year for you (and the rest of us). 2011 can take a hike!
Bobbie recently posted..Inside Information: Introducing New Purex Triple ActionMy Profile

Janmary, N Ireland
Twitter: Janmary3
December 30, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Here’s to LIVING in 2012 – not just surviving.

Happy New Year to you and yours (but not him!) from N Ireland.

Nicki December 30, 2011 at 7:35 pm

sounds like a plan! Happy New Years!
Nicki recently posted..year in review . . .My Profile

Heather M December 31, 2011 at 12:03 am

Yes. that. Please. In spades. for everyone!

Tania December 31, 2011 at 1:47 am

I think that sounds like a great plan. Best wishes for you in 2012.

Davinia December 31, 2011 at 2:11 am

The old Andy is back (and I mean that it the nicest possible way). I have no doubt the coming year will be fantastic and brilliant for you and your girls and Oliver.
Davinia recently posted..Jewellery StandMy Profile

Gwen December 31, 2011 at 8:36 am

Andy,

May 2012 give you peace and lots of great things! I know 2011 sucked but you deserve
much happiness and greatness in the new. You are an awesome person and can’t wait to
read about your awesomeness in 2012! Thanks for writing!

Shan @ Last Shreds Of Sanity
Twitter: BabyRocasMama
December 31, 2011 at 1:37 pm

You also need Anderson Cooper to be slapped by the Straight Faerie. LOL

And we all need for that pesky 2012 prediction to not be true, because if it is? Why the fuck is anyone setting resolutions to lose weight be better, etc.? I say LIVE LIFE and don’t give a damn. Just have fun. But that’s only if that prediction isn’t true. LOL

December 31, 2011 at 7:37 pm

YEAH! You tell ‘em!!!
Heather T. recently posted..Diamond Ice & Water Months – New @ MScraps!My Profile

Krissy January 2, 2012 at 12:52 am

I will agree with you here, 2011 was the worse year I have ever had and I didnt think anything could be worst than 2010.

I hope you have a good new year and I get out of my hole too!

All the best
Krissy recently posted..New Driver InsuranceMy Profile

Amy Kinnaird
Twitter: amykinnaird
January 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm

2012 is going to be YOURS! Best wishes.
Amy Kinnaird recently posted..Letting GoMy Profile

Christi January 3, 2012 at 4:17 am

Andy, who made you change the 3rd paragraph??? Definitely different verbage there now . . .

Desiree D'Souza January 3, 2012 at 6:11 am

Happy New Year to you and the kids, Andy!

joyce January 5, 2012 at 2:51 am

Best of luck ..Hope your 2012 is really good than last year…Thanks for sharing..

Catherine Davis January 14, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I’m with you! You deserve an amazing year and I hope you get it.
Catherine Davis recently posted..Stuffed Green Pepper Soup RecipeMy Profile

Jeanine January 16, 2012 at 5:27 am

Hope this year is better for you unlike last year..Keep up the good work always..Nice sharing..

Poppy January 16, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I am definitly with you there, 2011 was the most horrible year, nothing went right and it left me a mess financially. I am hoping for a big pickup in 2012, all the best to you!

joceycakes January 18, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Fuck ya lady! LOVE THIS POST! HERE WE GO 2012! Let’s kick its ass ;)
xooo
Jocey

Grey January 19, 2012 at 9:24 am

All my best wishes are with you. Hard to left those memories behind but life is moving forward. This year, 2012 will be more excitement and lots of good things that will happen. Happy New Year.

Lori in Phoenix January 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Andy, so so good to see you back! I always enjoyed reading your blog and laughing my ass off! 2011 was a sucky terrible $omigodareyoufuckingkiddingme kind of year and I second your post that thankfully the terrible thing is over. Looking forward to a way better (it can’t get worse right?) 2012 and laughing with you again! Take care of you and your girls – oh and Oliver too! :)