It’s Easter morning in our house and by the time you read this, there’s a 99.9% chance that:
- I am in a chocolate induced stupor right now.
- Helena is only visible by her feet protruding from the dryer as she scours every centimeter of the laundry room in hopes that she missed a rogue chocolate egg or jelly bean.
- Zoe is hogging the bathroom.
- Helena is yelling from inside the dryer that she can’t take a shower because someone is totally hogging the bathroom.
- Zoe is telling someone to get a life.
- Someone else is snoring on the couch.
- I am not someone else.
To those of you who believe that Jesus was resurrected today, I say Happy Easter! And while I do think that Jesus is all that and a bag of chips, I don’t think he has cornered the market on the whole resurrection from the dead thing. I have only to look at myself in the mirror on any given weekday morning as proof.
To those of you who do not believe that anyone has or ever will be resurrected from the dead, I say Happy Sunday! And stay away from my bathroom mirror lest you compromise your faith or lack thereof.
And now, I’m going to sit right here and pop a few more Dove chocolate eggs and enjoy my diabetic coma for awhile, before I have to go make some reasonable facsimile of potatoes au gratin.
Enjoy your day and I’ll see you soon!